Artist Residency Program
1998 Mudflat began offering a one-year residency position to clay
artists. This highly competitive program provides a private studio
space at no cost with access to Mudflat’s facility, and opportunities
for the resident to teach and sell their work.
See below for 2015-16 residency information; applications will
be due April 16, 2015.
Mudflat’s Artist-in-Residence for 2015-16 is Mike Roche.
will be presenting his current work in an exhibition at Mudflat, July 8
through July 23, with a reception on Tuesday July 12, 6-8 pm. Join us!
September 1 - August 31
- Private 90 sq. foot studio space
- 24 hour access
- A monthly stipend of $50, to be applied to clay materials
and firing costs.
- Opportunities to teach in our educational programs and for
retail sales at our Open Studio events and at Mudflat Gallery
- Solo exhibition and reception at Mudflat in August to
showcase work created during the residency year
- Artists are expected to spend a minimum of 20 hours per
week in their studio
- Artists are required to work 5 hours per week for Mudflat,
assisting with technical jobs
- 2 public presentations during the residency. The first, in
September, is a slide show of the artist's work.
- Applicants should have knowledge of a variety of clay
techniques and some kiln firing experience, the ability to work
independently, and enthusiasm and willingness to be part of an urban
Applications for the 2016-17 residency are due April 16,
2016. Selection notification will be made in May 2016.
Mudflat Resident Artists
2015-2016 Mike Roche
2014-2015 Rachel Eng
2013-2014 Kyla Toomey
2012-2013 Dan Molyneux
2011-2012 Holly Curcio
2010-2011 Lisa Graf
2009-2010 Debra Fleury
2008-2009 Deborah Schwartzkopf
2007-2008 Cathy Lu
2006-2007 Nicole Peters
2005-2006 Ryan Takaba
2004-2005 Angela Cunningham
2003-2004 Monica Ripley
2002-2003 Gabriel Penfield
2001-2002 Meghan Sullivan
2000-2001 Ruchika Madan
1999-2000 Karsten Kunert
1998-1999 Randy Fein